Client Name/ Catering/Event Manager Name
Program Name/ Dates
The Waldorf Astoria Hotel Package Room
120 East 50th Street
New York, NY 10022
Shipping, Receiving & Storage Process:
• Fees: Your Catering/Event Manager will provide a current price list upon request.
• The Package Room Management reserves the right to NOT accept boxes which are damaged during shipping, unsafe or too large.
• Parcels are accepted 3 days prior to arrival.
• Number each box and know its contents. This helps when a specific box needs to be located immediately (i.e. 1 of 2; 2 of 2)
• If there is more then one on-site location, label the boxes with their specific delivery location and time.
• Packages/pallets may be staged on the loading dock for pick-up by a selected carrier upon approval from the Loading Dock Manager and for a period not to exceed 24 hours.
Information for Shipping Companies:
1. The vendor must provide their own moving equipment and packaging supplies. No moving equipment will be provided and any packaging supplies requested will be purchased at current prices. Credit card payment will be due prior to delivery of any supplies.
2. All delivery/pick-up schedules for packages for the shipping company must be arranged with the Event Manager handling the program at least ten (10) days in advance. If advance scheduling does not take place, the shipping company will not be allowed access to the Loading Dock.
3. All movements by the shipping company must utilize the Service elevators. Under no circumstance is a Guest elevator to be used for movement of materials. If the vendor would like to use the freight elevator, a request must be placed for proper scheduling. It is typically available after 10am each day.
4. Any movement of boxes requested to be handled by the Package Room will be charged per box at the prevailing rate. Credit card payment will be due prior to delivery of any boxes.
5. Preferred courier labels and envelopes will not be provided to any exhibitor utilizing the services of the shipping company.
6. The return address on all labels put on packages shipped by the shipping company should clearly indicate the name of the shipping company on them.
7. A management contact and telephone number must be provided to the Hotel to refer inquiries of missing boxes after the end of the event.
8. The shipping company must be clear on the meeting space being used at the time indicated in the sales contract with the client. Unless written approval is given in advance by the Hotel, if the vendor leaves their items in the area beyond the contracted time there will be a charge based on the size and quantity for each hour over the contracted time. The shipping company will not be allowed to work in the Hotel again, until such charges are paid in full.
9. Upon conclusion of the event, please ensure that all remaining materials to be shipped out have the correct shipping labels.
10. For items that are to be picked up by a messenger service, they must be picked up within 7 days from the last day of the event, otherwise, they will be discarded.