If required, in our sole judgment, in order to maintain adequate security measures in light of the size and/or nature of your function, you will provide, at your expense, security personnel supplied by a reputable licensed guard or security agency doing business in the city or county in which we are located, which agency will be subject to our approval. Such security personnel may not carry weapons.
1. Every Contract Security Officer coming on duty, shall sign in & out at The Waldorf Astoria’s Security Control Station on a daily basis. This is located on 50th street, between Park and Lexington Avenues.
2. No Contract Security Officer shall carry a firearm on the premises.
3. No Contract Security Officer shall be assigned by a Contract Security Company who has been convicted of a Felony involving theft, arson, assault with a deadly weapon, murder, rape or burglary.
4. No Contract Security Officer shall solicit, accept or attempt to remove any item from any exhibit, display, or other functions in The Waldorf Astoria.
5. While on duty, no Contract Security Officer shall smoke in public, drink alcoholic beverages, or act in any manner which would reflect unfavorably upon themselves or their employer or The Waldorf Astoria.
6. Contract Security Officers shall remain in their assigned areas of responsibility at all times.
7. The Waldorf Astoria reserves the right to remove any Contract Security Officer from the premises at any time, to be replaced immediately at the expense of the Contract Security Company.
8. The Contract Security Company shall sign the attached “Hold Harmless Agreement.”
9. The Contract Security Company shall provide an Insurance Policy with the minimum amount of $5,000,000.00 (five million dollars) naming The Waldorf Astoria NY, Hilton Worldwide, Inc. and AB Stable LLC as co-insureds.
10. The Contract Security Company shall provide proof of Workers Compensation (Minimum: $1,000,000) to include Personal Injury which includes False Arrest; Detention; Imprisonment, or Malicious Prosecution; Libel; Slander; Defamation; Violation of Right of Privacy; Wrongful entry of eviction or other Invasion of Right to Privacy Occupation.
11. The Contract Security Company shall provide proof of the company’s Employee Fidelity Bond.
12. Any Contract Security Officer found sleeping while on duty will be removed from the premises and replaced immediately at the expense of the Security Company. The individual found sleeping will not be allowed to work at The Waldorf Astoria at any future time.
13. All Contract Security Officers shall wear a uniform as deemed by the Contract Security Company at all times. The uniform shall be professional in nature and shall include a picture ID and nametag with company name and or logo. Jeans, shorts and sneakers, even if considered part of the Contract Security Company uniform, are not considered professional attire and therefore are not to be worn when working at The Waldorf Astoria. Any Contract Security Officer failing to meet uniform standards will be replaced immediately at the expense of the Contract Security Company.
14. In order to adequately provide coverage, the following staffing must be provided: With three (3) or more Security Officers on a twenty-four (24) hour continual schedule, a Supervisor will be required.
15. With five (5) or more Security Officers on a twenty-four (24) hour continual schedule, a Supervisor and Relief Officer will be required.
16. All Contract Security personnel are required to be state licensed, bonded and thoroughly trained in compliance with the State of New York standards of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
17. The Contract Security Company shall provide a current copy of the company’s Patrol Operators (PPO) license and New York City Business license.
18. The Contract Security Company shall provide to The Waldorf Astoria the contracted schedule of when and where all security officers will be located no later than 48 hours prior to the event start date.
19. The Contract Security Company shall provide The Waldorf Astoria a 24-hour access telephone or pager number for any emergencies.
20. The Waldorf Astoria security department will not be responsible for providing break relief for any Contract Security Company. Break coverage is solely the responsibility of the Contract Security Company.
21. It is the responsibility of the Contract Security company to update all forms that are required on an annual basis or prior to each occasion the Contract Security company works in The Waldorf Astoria (NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO START DATE OF THE EVENT). If these forms are submitted later than 48 hours prior to the start date of the meeting, there will be a $200 processing charge which will be the responsibility of the Contract Security Company.
If any of the above rules are violated, The Waldorf Astoria reserves the right to immediately remove the Contract Security company and all its agents from the Hotel and ban them from working at The Waldorf Astoria at any future time.